- Acquire theoretical and methodological information indispensable for Semiotics, Semiotics of Communication and Semiotics of the Image;
- Realize the renewed importance of Semiotics in the current context of emergence of new technologies, creation of cyber-structures, de-structuring of meaning and promotion of interdisciplinarities
- Critically distinguish the different types of signs used in and by Social Communication; 4. Reflect on the modes of production of signs and the processes of production and interpretation of meaning;
- Distinguish and correlate semantic, syntactic and pragmatic properties of signs
- Explore the relationships between signs, cognition, and communication;
- Know the main landmarks of the Semiotics tradition and development.
- Know and apply the concepts of visual semiotics and image analysis;
- Critically analyze the semiotic dimensions of various media.
Semiotics and Image Analysis
5 ECTS / Semestre / Português