This information is under review, so some information may be out of date. In this sense, request clarification, in case of interest, to the Academic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org | 253 206 100).
International students have the possibility to apply to the degree programs of the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences. On this page you will find information for students who meet the eligibility requirements as legally defined in the International Student Statute.
For this purpose, an international student is considered to be a student who cumulatively
- Do not hold the nationality of a member state of the European Union;
- Is not a direct descendant, spouse (husband/wife) or partner of a national of a European Union member state;
- Has not resided legally in Portugal for more than 2 years, continuously on January 1st of the year in which you wish to enter higher education (yourself, your spouse or any parent with whom you legally reside);
- Not to be a beneficiary, on January 1st of the year he/she intends to enter higher education, of the equal rights and duties status granted under an international treaty signed between the Portuguese State and the State of which he/she is a national.
The admission of foreign citizens who are not covered by the International Student Statute is carried out under the conditions applicable to students with Portuguese nationality.
In order to do so, you will have to register at a Portuguese secondary school to take the national exams in Portugal and sit one of the exams required by the FFCS, or you can take in Portugal or in your country an analogous exam to the one required through the international education system, for example IB or SAT Exams. To find out which terminal subjects are analogous to the required entrance examinations, please contact the FFCS secretariat.
For the application to be evaluated you must meet the following requirements:
- Be considered an International Student;
- Have equivalence to Portuguese secondary education or have completed a qualification that gives you access to higher education in your home country;
- Have taken secondary school final exams in 2020, 2019 or 2018 in the access areas to each of the courses (see the Examination Matching Table) or have passed a foreign secondary school subject considered equivalent to the entrance exam.
Applications for the FFCS-Católica undergraduate programs for 2022/23 will be made online or in person.
Note: Please note that the application will only be considered complete after payment of the fee and delivery of the respective documentation.